Now available on luxury limited edition vinyl from Ultimae Records. We all dreamt or wished to explore imaginary & far away grounds, between no man’s lands and intangible panoramas. Border 50 is a hymn to this laid-off concept, when frontiers and delineations dissipate to a wilder breadth, where, as Baudelaire would say, “Everything is beauty, luxury, calm and intense pleasure”.
LAST ONE AVAILABLE
Swiss-born artist Moreno Antognini aka Master Margherita treats us to a mystical and meditative album driven by low-end quiet pulses, swaddling guitar basslines, dense granular pads, giving a powerful homage to a certain definition of Doom Jazz, Stoner Rock and Nordic Ambient with influences from Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Bill Laswell or Biosphere’s works.
/Carefully crafted over the course of two years, this Border 50 album stands apart, a return to the source for the artist, hallmark of Master Margherita’s irrefutable multi-instrumentist and storyteller talent.
/All tracks written & produced by Master Margherita
/Except Border 50 written by Master Margherita & The Positronics
/Geophilous recorded live in collaboration with Awakening Sessions
/Mastering by Vincent Villuis & Vladislav Isaev at Ultimae Studios
/Artwork by Arnaud Galoppe & Vincent Villuis
/Photo credits : Melanie Lemahieu
- A01Eight Degrees South (Ultimae Dub)4:56
- A02Lowland Areas (First Light Mix)7:48
- A03Shruti One (Ambient Mix)7:32
- B01Geophilous (Arborescent Mix)10:05
- B02Kivalina (Border 50 Mix)9:01
- C01Alternate Pathway (Alternative 1)5:29
- C02Alternate Pathway (Alternative 2)7:11
- C03Cosmogram (Ambient Mix)7:15
- D01Border 50 (Ultimae Dub)9:53
- D02Extending Downwards (Border 50 Mix)5:29