Limited Edition of 500 copies only worldwide with 3 bonus tracks.
Digipak packaging with a fold-out 4 panel colour poster of Sergeant Pinback, a WRWTFWW Records sticker and obi strip in Japanese.
We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want Records is ecstatic to bring back the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter’s Dark Star (1974) with added bonuses that are sure to satisfy all cult sci-fi soundtrack completists of the galaxy (and further).
This limited edition CD contains a remastered version of the original motion picture soundtrack
ONLY 2 LEFT
Consisting of incidental music, sound effects, John Carpenter’s synth experimentations, dialogue excerpts, and vintage interferences extracted directly from the film roll, as well as “Ode to a Bell Jar” remade by loyal Carpenter collaborator Alan Howarth (Escape from New York, Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, They Live…), the fan favorite “Benson Arizona” remade by Dominik Hauser, and the very sought-after “When Twilight Falls on NGC 891” by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings (known as James Clarke’s “Spring Bossa” in the real world).
It all comes in slick thermostellar triggering packaging with a brand new artwork, Japanese obi and invisible hyperdrive electronics – the best way to relive the Dark Star adventure and celebrate John Carpenter’s first directorial feature film released in 1974 and co-written by (and starring!) all around legend Dan O’Bannon (Alien, Lifeforce, The Return of the Living Dead). Let there be light!
POINTS OF INTEREST
– The most comprehensive CD edition of the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter’s first feature film, Dark Star (1974).
– For the fans of John Carpenter, sci-fi movie soundtracks, electronic experimentations, and strange vinyl releases. Also, for surfers.
– Includes the sought-after “When Twilight Falls on NGC 891” by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings, for the first time ever on a John Carpenter-related release.
– Eighth release from WRWTFWW Records aka We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want Records (Piero Umiliani’s Tra Scienza e Fantascienza, Pieces soundtrack, Qui Êtes-Vous Polly Maggoo? soundtrack by Michel Legrand), label founded and curated by Olivier Ducret of Mental Groove (Miss Kittin, Brodinski, Kadebostany, Donato Dozzy…) and Stephan Armleder aka The Genevan Heathen of Villa Magica Records (Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, Christian Marclay, Stephan Eicher, Sylvie Fleury & DJ Sid…)
- 01Music, Sound Effects And Dialogue Excerpts Part 125:10
- 02Music, Sound Effects And Dialogue Excerpts Part 225:51
- 03When Twilight Falls On NGC 8913:47
- 04Doolittle’s Solo (Remake)
- 05Benson Arizona (Remake) 2:37