Psilowave Record Collecting Help And Support Services
Are you addicted?
How many of you dare to take a cold hard look in the mirror and answer this official questionnaire put together by (VAA) Vinyl Addicts Anonymous?
This may not be an easy thing to do. We have all told ourselves, “I can handle it.” Even if this was true in the beginning, it is not so now. Very simply, an addict is a person whose life is controlled by records. Perhaps you admit you have a problem with vinyl, but you don’t consider yourself an addict. There is nothing shameful about being an addict once you begin to take positive action. The following questions were written by recovering addicts in Vinyl Addicts Anonymous. If you have doubts about whether or not you’re an addict, take a few moments to read the questions below and answer them as honestly as you can.
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions you may have a problem. If so free totally anonymous counselling for suffering vinyl addicts is available at getafuckinggrip!!!!!
1. Have you ever purchased more records than you planned?
2. Is your purchasing of records causing problems within your relationships?
3. Do you ever feel depressed, guilty, or remorseful after purchasing records?
4. Do you purchase records until the disposable income is exhausted?
5. Do you ever regret purchasing vinyl for the first time?
6. Do you ever obsess about buying new records?
7. Are you experiencing financial difficulties due to buying records?
8. Do you experience an anticipation high when you are about to get a record delivery?
9. Are you absorbed with the thought of a new release even while interacting with a friend or loved one?
10. Have you begun to listen to records while you’re alone?
11. While listening to records, do you ever have feelings that people are talking about you or watching you?
12. Do you have to buy more vinyl to get the same effects you once experienced?
13. Have you tried to cut down on your purchasing of records only to find that you could not?
14. Have you tried to stop purchasing records only to find that you could not stay stopped?
15. Have any of your friends or family suggested that you may have a problem buying vinyl?
16. Have you ever lied to or misled people about how much vinyl you have purchased or the price you paid for a record?
17. Have you ever lied to or misled people about how often you buy records?
18. Do you purchase records in your car, at work, in the bathroom, or in other public places?
19. Are you afraid that if you stop purchasing records you will not be able to function?
20. Have you ever purchased a record without knowing what it was or what it would sound like?
21. Do you put the purchase of records ahead of your financial responsibilities?
22. Does the thought of missing out on a labels limited edition release launch time terrify you?
23. Do you feel it is impossible for you to live without vinyl?
24. Do you ever question your own sanity?
25. Do you think a lot about vinyl?